Axtell Authors in Books in Print 1995-96
- Dru Axtell
- I Thought It Was God. 1988. New Leaf.
- Harold L. Axtell
- The Deification of Abstract Ideas in Roman Literature & Inscriptions. 1987.
- James L. Axtell, professor in the History Department of The College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, VA. He is
an authority on American Colonial and American Indian History. Two of his articles
available on the Internet are "The
Columbian Mosaic in Colonial America" (Humanities, Sep/Oct 1991) and Columbian
Encounters: Beyond 1992 (William and Mary Quarterly, April, 1992). The Columbian
Mosaic article is especially of interest here because it notes that European population
growth in America was especially great in Massachusetts in the 17th Century and in
Pennsylvania in the 18th Century. Axtells played a great role in the boom. For instance,
Daniel (5-40) had 105 grandchildren in Western Pennsylvania. The article also touches on
King Philip's War, The Indian War in which Henry (2-2) died.
- After Columbus: Essays in the Ethnohistory of Colonial North America. 1990.
Oxford Univ. Press.
- Beyond 1492: Encounters in Colonial North America. 1992. OUP.
- The European and the Indian: Essays in the Ethnohistory of Colonial North America.
- Imagining the Other: First Encounters in North America. 1991. Am. Hist. Assn.
- The Invasion Within: The Contest of Cultures in Colonial North America. 1986.
- White Indians of Colonial America. 1991. Ye Galleon.
- The Indian Peoples of of Eastern America: A Documentary of the Sexes (James
Axtell, ed.). 1981. OUP.
- Mike Axtell (et. al.)
- The Great American Art Auction & Free Give Away. 1991. Arjuna Lib Pr.
- Robert L. Axtell. He is at the Brookings
Institution and can be found in their list of Scholars. He had an
article published on his Sugarscape simulation in the Nov. 1994 Scientific American.
- Growing Artificial Societies: Social Science from the Bottom Up (Joshua M.
Epstein, co-author). Date not set. Brookings.
- Roger E. Axtell, an
oft-quoted authority on international body language. You can find a listing of his books
on the Web in the Round-the-World
- Do's & Taboos Around the World, 3rd ed. 1993. Wiley.
- The Do's & Taboos of Hosting International Visitors. 1990. Wiley.
- The Do's & Taboos of International Trade: A Small Business Primer. 1989.
- The Do's & Taboos of Public Speaking: How to Get Those Butterflies Flying in
Formation. 1992. Wiley.
- Do's & Taboos of Using English Around the World. 1995. Wiley.
- Gestures! The Do's & Taboos of Body Language Around the World. 1991. Wiley.
- The Do's & Taboos of Preparing for Your Trip Abroad (John P. Healy,
co-author). 1994. Wiley.
- Susan Axtell (& Jean Bethell)
- A Colonial Williamsburg Activities Book: Fun Things to Do for Children 4 & Up.
1984. Colonial Williamsburg.
Back to Notable Axtells.
[AFO Home] [The Name] [Genealogy] [Places] [Notables]
Last revised 1-15-96 by Dan Axtell